Sports Kit Recycling
Our sports kit recycling programme helps young people in the UK and abroad to access equipment.
Discover Sports Kit Recycling
- Our sports kit recycling programme is providing access to sport for young people in the UK and abroad who would otherwise not be able to participate due to a lack of the right kit and equipment.
- We collect usable kit from across the UK through a network of local collection hubs.
- The kit is then sorted and redistributed to partner organisations, who can put it to great use in their communities.
Our Sports Kit Recycling Impact
Watch this video to see how we distribute donated sports kit to young people in the UK and abroad who find it hard to access sport.
How does it help young people?
- Having the correct kit gives more young people the opportunity to play team sport and develop crucial life skills such as teamwork, communication and confidence, alongside improving their overall health and wellbeing.
- In recent years, we have sent large amounts of kit to projects in India, Germany, Antigua, Brazil, Romania, Rwanda, Uganda, The Gambia, Mexico and across the UK.
Want to donate your unwanted kit?
We have collection hubs located across the country which are set up to take your donations. You can find your nearest hub via the map below, where you will also find contact details and hub opening times. Please ensure that you contact our hubs before you drop off your kit and that it is securely wrapped or packaged.
For a full list of what we do and don't collect, please read our collection standards document before making your donation.
If you have any unwanted kit that you would like to send us directly please post it to: Lord’s Taverners, Unit 8 Yale Business Park, Bluestem Road, Ransomes Industrial Estate, Ipswich. IP3 9RR.
If have any questions about collections or the sports kit recycling programme, you can get in touch with us via 0207 025 0021.
Markers are grouped by county, please click the one nearest to your location for more information and who to contact. Before dropping off your donation, please contact your local collection hub to arrange delivery.
Our Sports Kit Recycling programme allows more young people to access sport who wouldn't otherwise be able to participate in.
Through partnerships around the world, we can help provide more young people with access to sports equipment. Watch this video to hear more about our collaboration with CSED Initiative in Nigeria.
Applying for kit
For overseas kit donations, we partner with cricket federations and organisations who are aiming to widen participation in the sport, with a focus on engaging young people and the local community.
For UK deliveries, we look to work with cricket clubs or youth organisations (especially those in economically deprived areas) who wish to develop their junior sections.
How else can I get involved?
Become a regional kit collector
We are looking for volunteers around the country who like to make a difference and collect unwanted kit from the local area.
Engage your colleagues and customers
Our kit sorting days provide a great opportunity for staff, customers and clients to work as a team to improve the lives of disadvantaged young people.
Partner with us
We are looking to partner with organisations to support our kit recycling programme. We are looking for assistance in all parts of the programme, from providing packing boxes to sponsoring the whole programme.
Deliver kit overseas
If you are going on a school tour, trip or are a charity already working overseas we would love to hear from you. We are always looking for new projects to send kit to.
If you would like more information on how to get involved with sports kit recycling please contact David Pemberton on 020 7025 0021 or via email.
Find out how you can support the work of our programmes