Wicketz is a free community cricket programme aimed at young people from disadvantaged communities, providing them with a safe space to play cricket and learn life skills.
- Wicketz is a cricket programme for young people aged 8-19, living in disadvantaged communities.
- By establishing sustainable community cricket hubs, we provide year-round weekly cricket sessions with a focus on breaking down barriers.
- Our sessions help in developing crucial life skills, creating stronger communities and enabling brighter futures for those taking part.
Our Wicketz Impact
Watch this video to see how Wicketz is continuing to use cricket as a powerful tool for social change at our recent residentials.
How does it help young people?
- Tackles local issues affecting young people and their communities.
- They have the chance to learn from role models, community leaders, local authorities and others.
- Specially designed workshops also boost well being, social education, community awareness, promote positive life choices and develop new life skills.
Find Wicketz Near You
Markers are grouped by region or areas, please click the one nearest to your location for more information about hubs and who to contact.
"I've always wanted to give back, and now this is my chance"
Tiger was part of our Wicketz programme in Nottingham. She is now on a journey to become a support coach and an amazing role model to young girls who are starting their cricket journey.
Our Wicketz programme breaks down barriers, builds communities and empowers young people to build crucial life skills
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Watch this video to hear participants at one of our residentials, where they were given an opportunity to discuss some of the issues they experience in their day to day lives, particularly when it comes to discrimination and some of the circumstances they have faced within their communities.
Find out how you can get involved in Wicketz and support the work of our programmes