Take on the challenge of the world's biggest virtual marathon, and run for the Lord's Taverners!
For the first time ever you can run the London Marathon your way on Sunday 4 October, joining up to 45,000 runners up and down the UK, and across the world, while helping the charity on a 26.2 mile route of your choice.
The virtual 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 4 October and participants will have 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00 to 23:59:59) to complete their marathon, which you can choose to run, walk or jog – making the event the most inclusive London Marathon ever.
We have charity places available with a minimum fundraising target of £200.
Those who get a charity place will receive:
- New balance finisher t-shirt
- 40th anniversary London Marathon medal
- Official race time on the London Marathon website
- Lord's Taverners running vest and hoodie
- The option to take up a Lord's Taverners London Marathon place in 2021 or 2022
Although the 40th Race will be run remotely, there is still a huge range of support materials and training guidance available through their website, newsletters and social media channels in the lead up to the day.
A chance to be creative
You can be very creative with the challenge that lies ahead. Ideas include:
- Being dropped 26.2 miles from home and running back to a hero’s welcome
- Completing each mile with a different running buddy, sharing the challenge with friends and family
- Getting together with a group of friends to walk the 26.2 miles together
- Creating a unique course that visits the homes of friends and family so they can set up outdoor drinks stations for a refuel and catch-up over an energy bar
With loved ones and your community supporting, you'll be joining thousands of runners in a celebration of what makes the marathon great – fun, fundraising, fancy-dress and community spirit.