Lloyd Scott's 3 Peaks Challenge
Charity fundraiser Lloyd Scott will be taking on his final challenge in October as he takes on the famous 3 Peaks Challenge – dressed in a deep-sea diving suit weighing 130 lbs. Support in the link below!
What We Do
Why We Do It
We are passionate about helping to create more opportunities for young people to take part in sport and recreation, through the continued expansion of our programmes and further investment in vital facilities and equipment - helping to build inclusive communities and laying the foundations for a positive future.
We need to do this because:
- 4.1 million children currently live in poverty – 30% of children in the UK, or 9 children in every class of 30.
- Children who live in poverty are 4 times more likely to develop a mental health problem by age 11.
- Disability and poverty are strongly connected. 38% of children in families where someone is disabled live in poverty.
- 45% of children from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds live in poverty compared to 30% of all children.
- 83% of young people with a disability are not taking part in regular sport.
- Active young people are happier, more resilient and more trusting.
- Girls are less likely to be active than boys, and Asian children are much less confident about taking part in activity than children from other ethnic groups.
By creating opportunities, we will have a lasting impact on the lives of young people with a disability and those living in areas with a higher level of poverty, across the UK and beyond.